1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some tips to make more interesting videos!

Discussion in 'Production Help' started by atalkinghippo, Feb 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hello ScaleLab!

Let me start off by saying that with 54 subs I'm clearly no expert on how to do the Youtube but I do know a few things that might help you guys make more entertaining videos!

1. Jump cuts
    She is a thing of beauty! After you have your whole video done and recorded you can use jump cuts and basically take out all of the less interesting parts of your videos. (when your not talking, for example) You can do this with any editing software! (I prefer Adobe Premire Pro myself)

2. Animated Intro
    This part is a bit situational, typically depending on the genre of video it could be viable or maybe not. But having a generic intro where your name pops up to some dubstep music is kinda samey since so many people do it, why not introduce yourself by actually introducing yourself?

3."Call to Action"
    A Call to Action is basically asking viewers to Like/Comment/Subscribe or whatever else you may want people watching your video to do. This is something I just started doing myself, it's not begging for video interaction it's more encouragment than anything. You could try doing it in a more subtle fashion with annotations or a thumbs up that appears on the screen, basically any way that makes viewers interact with the video is a big plus!

4. Make sure the video is the best quality possible
    I don't know about you guys but I much prefer watching a video in 1080p as opposed to 480p etc. This might seem like a moot point but I feel like its something that not a lot of people think about. It might take longer to render and upload but trust me your viewers will thank you for it!

Thats all for now, I hope some of these helped you guys out, if you have any other tips leave them in the comments, let's help everyone out guys!

2. This is a nice simple guide! Great job!