1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let US decide ourselves

Discussion in 'Ideas, Bugs, and Suggestions' started by Mooks_&_Niles, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Mooks_&_Niles, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Dear ScaleLab,

Could you PLEASE STOP turning ALL ADS on to ALL OF OUR VIDEOS every month? I've had to go through all of our videos 4 times already since we joined you 3 months ago, to manually turn of all the unskippable ads.

I understand you guys need money to offer us certain services. But you as our network should also understand the difficulty of small channels to achieve decent viewer retention, and that unskippable ads are absolutly terrible to engage new viewers. Why? Really why? Why can't WE decide, as content creators, how much we want to bug our subscribers with ads?

Thank you in advance for your reply, Niles

2. Hey,

You should have full control of if you want ads to be used (monetised) for a specific video or not, as well as the type of ads (Such as Pre-Roll, Banner etc).

This guide may help: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/94522

If you are still facing issues then i would suggest contacting partner support who would be able to assist you much better! You can email them at support@scalelab.com :)

Hope this helps.

Jake likes this.
  3. You absolutely have not read what I said. I am very well aware of how to change monetization. Heck, I double check what ads are on every time I upload. Yet every month, overnight, ALL videos have ALL ads turned on. This happens on all channels that I have linked to ScaleLab.

As I said, this issue has occurred 4 times already, systematically with a month in between each time.
    So no, appearantly we do not have full control over our ads at all.

4. I see, my only suggestion would be to email partner support on this.

Mooks_&_Niles likes this.
  5. Jay it happened again. fss

6. Hi Mooks & Niles,

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, the community forums aren't the best place to find your answer. As Eshan suggested, I would encourage you to write to our dedicated Partner Support team requesting a break-down on why this is happening.

http://support.scalelab.com/hc/en-us

Though our support team should offer you a speedy resolution, feel free to private message Eshan or myself in the meantime if you have any other issues surrounding this topic.

Best,
    Jake

Mooks_&_Niles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.